Once was enough – Nico Rosberg retires from F1s
I know, I can’t believe it either. After 11 years in Formula Ones, 57 podiums, 23 race victories and, now finally, a championship to his name, Nico Rosberg has decided to call it quits. The announcement is nothing short of incredible especially since Rosberg had a valid contract with Mercedes for the next two years.
This of course, rather surprisingly leaves Mercedes short a driver for next season. There is probably going to be a lot of competition for this seat although Mercedes-sponsored Manor driver Pascal Wehrlein (who seems to have gotten jilted by everyone, despite achieving points this season) might be the strongest contender for the drive, ironically.
Anyway, here’s Nico’s stats…
Nico Rosberg’s Career in a Nutshell
- Teams driven for: Williams (2006-2009), Mercedes GP (2010-2016)
- Best finish: 23 race victories (1st one in China 2012, last one in Japan 2016)
- Best standing: 2016 Champion
- Worst standing: 17th in the 2006 championship
- First season highlight: 7th in the Bahrain and European Grand Prixs.
- Final season highlight: 4 race winning streak at the start of the season.