Timo Glock leaves Marussia
German driver Timo Glock is bidding Auf Wiedersehen to Formula Ones for now. He is jumping ship to the German DTM-series driving for BMW. Glock and Marussia are parting ways amicably. I will miss Glock, he’s always been one of the more sympathetic drivers on track and, on a good day, could pull off a serious race performance.
Glock drove three seasons for Marussia (during the first season under the title Virgin). The team has yet to have accomplished a single point during its existence (the same as the other surviving 2010 debutant Caterham) but Glock was responsible for the team’s best finish so far: a 12th place at the 2012 Singapore GP.
All I wish to say is Viel Glück for Timo and maybe hopefully he’ll be back to race in F1s once more.
Timo Glock’s F1 Career in a Nutshell
- Teams driven for: Jordan (2004), Toyota (2008, 2009), Virgin/Marussia (2010-2012)
- Best finish: 2nd place in the 2008 Hungarian GP and the 2009 Singapore GP.
- Number of podium finishes: 3 (2nd twice and 3rd once)
- Debut season highlight: 7th place in the 2004 Canadian Grand Prix, standing in for Giorgio Pantano
- Final season highlight: 12th place in the 2012 Singapore GP (Marussia’s best finish)
- Best Standing: 10th in the 2008 and 2009 seasons.
- Worst Standing: 25th in the 2010 and 2011 seasons.