GOG.com Christmas Sales! & Street Fighter X Mega Man
If you love classic PC games and have some pocket-money to spend, Good Old Games is currently having a Christmas Sale. So if there is a golden classic of yester-year you wish to play or can’t get to run on your new-fangled PC, head on down there to play some.
Here is currently my Christmas Sale shopping list of titles I’m planning to buy…
- Runaway 3: A Twist of Fate – Spanish Pendulo Studios’ excellent and comedic adventure game series already reached its conclusion back in 2009, but due to the game’s bad availability, I haven’t gotten around to playing it yet. However, now I’m definitely gonna get the third instalment and finally see what happens after the cliffhanger ending of Runaway 2: The Dream of the Turtle. I recommend the original Runaway: A Road Adventure and Runaway 2 for any old school adventure game fans.
- Litil Divil: This is a classic from Gremlin Interactive (the people behind Normality) which I personally remember best as one of the flag-ship titles for the Philips CD-i. Sadly, I never got to play this game, but it looks interesting and awesome, so I’m definitely giving it a play.
- In Cold Blood: In between the second and third Broken Sword games, Revolution Software flirted with an agent/stealth title by the name of In Cold Blood. Released principly for the PlayStation (and later PCs). It received positive reviews but never sold very well. I’m curious to try it out since it’s the only Revolution title I haven’t played yet. Their pre-Broken Sword adventure games, Lure of the Temptress and Beneath A Steel Sky, are available free from GoG on sign up (and also ScummVM).
- Pandemonium!: This is a really cool old-school 2½D platformer which I remember playing the demo to back in the day. I’m looking forward to trying it out again after all these years. There is also a sequel, which sadly isn’t available on GoG.
- Outcast: One of the “mega-titles” of yester-year that no-one remembers. Outcast was an epic sci-fi action-adventure title which was the talk of the town when it was being developed but which everyone forgot soon as it hit store shelves (I guess it didn’t sell that well). I’ve always wanted to give this game a try and it’s going cheap on GoG’s website right now.
- Alone in the Dark 1-3: I’ve always wanted to try out the grand-daddy of the survival horror genre. A combo-pack of the first three Alone in the Dark games is available. My expectations aren’t very high, but I’m curious to see them all the same.
I’m also currently trying to choose between getting the Red Neck Rampage Collection, 7th Guest or MDK 1&2 as well.
And on Mega Man-related news, yes I have played Street Fighter X Mega Man, but only two levels of it. The Capcom-Unity page must have been bogged down yesterday with everyone hurrying to download the game, so I only got around to it this morning. I will probably review it on the blog as well, but don’t expect me to play through it in a hurry (unlike some of the guy’s on the Unity site).