Movies I’m planning on seeing… 2
You might remember from an earlier post from this year where I lamented how my intake of original movies had gone down a lot recently. However, things are looking up with some promising film releases coming out in the near future, plus I already went to see The Expendables which thankfully broke my adaption streak…
- Scott Pilgrim vs. The World – Saw the trailer and was impressed. I imagine this might be as close as one can get to a Captain N movie, the video-game influence being very obvious in this one. It’s coming out next week but I might wait a while before I go see it since I’m gonna be a little busy for the next couple of weeks.
- The Kids Are Alright – Okay, so it has lesbians in it but I feel this will be an interesting drama flick.
- Despicable Me – I don’t really go for the CG animated films but this one looks really interesting. This and Megamind seem to have very similar themes meaning Pixar and Dreamworks are going head-to-head with very similar movie ideas. Don’t know yet if I’ll go see both and unfortunately going to see it in theaters means it’s gonna be the dubbed version (because they never release the original English versions where I live).
- Legend of the Guardians – I am seriously thinking of seeing this. Why? Because owls are fucking awesome. =D
- Napapiirin Sankarit (Heroes of the Arctic Circle) – This one I’m still considering whether to go watch. It’s a Finnish comedy and at first I thought it was a joke trailer (for a digi-box commercial) and only realised as the trailer went on that it was in fact a real trailer for a real movie. And that’s what got me intrigued. I practically never go see Finnish films in the theatre, there simply aren’t enough ambitious and really seemingly important projects out there (the next one will most likely be the Mannerheim biopic by Renny Harlin). So I haven’t signed off on this 100% but definitely it’s raised my interest – which is very rare for a Finnish film.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 – This isn’t coming until late November so it’s quite a while away. Seeing the Harry Potter films has become a tradition in our family. Me, my sister and our mom always go see them together. Can’t wait for Part 2 though since then I’ll be able to give the series a proper review.
Since that last post the only movie that I missed out was Nightmare on Elm Street which was a shame but something tells me it’ll be better that I wait for the DVD and get the original at the same time so I can compare the two. So no, I haven’t seen the original Nightmare but I’ve become something of a horror aficionado in recent years so I’m eager to find out how the remake compared to the original (I’m not planning on getting Wes Craven’s New Nightmare though since the whole idea behind that one sounds incredibly retarded).
So go ahead and click on the Movie-link there on the top of this page if you want to read some reviews of these films and look forward to my next one real soon.